Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Last Night

Well, the Final Jihad was a big let down. One more reason to never trust a Neo-Con. Con, indeed.

So I won't get into big excuses about my prolonged absence. I had a nagging cold for 10 days and I've been obsessively researching on the web, trying to decide what, if any, DVD player I should buy to replace the old Panasonic that went south on me. And in this investigative process, I have become somewhat obsessed also about an HDTV, a CRT, discontinued by Sony, but available, perhaps, to those with money and perseverance. An Academy Ratio HDTV, 36 inches. The mind boggles.

Yes, tonight I watched "The Thing From Another World" on DVD. I've owned it since it came out in 2003, only now getting around to watching it. I love that movie; it's not just a great science fiction film, but a great film. Kenneth Tobey's understated strength makes it all work, but the ensemble all get little bits and pieces. I was afraid that perhaps I had seen the film too many times to enjoy it again, but I was proven wrong. Just a great film and always a joy to watch.

Aside from that, I have watched, in the last 2 weeks, "House of Wax", "Storm Warning", and "The Winning Team" on DVD, and "Rooster Cogburn", "Island of Lost Souls", "Murders in the Rue Morgue" and half "The Devil Bat" (I fell asleep) on TCM. I'll return, with any thoughts I may have about those films, tomorrow, or Thursday, or...damned DVD player, damned HDTV...out of my mind!

By the way, that's Laz, in the picture that I posted early August, and not me --- I'm the hairy one. He's the light of my life and a damn good boy. I wanted to post that photo in my profile but it was too big, so I left it in the post. Won't be the last time.

Goodnight Laz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home